Sunday, October 9, 2022

Conclusions of exercise: Bruno in a Beaker

 Next time - 

I won't 'activate' the Inktense color with a wetting agent until I consider the work 'done.'

    Layering color as you would with watercolors on paper may not work. Subsequent layers may not be permanent.

I will baste the fabric inside of the wooden frame, to allow it to lie flat.

I will "test" wash as many samples as necessary before working on the final piece.

    Maybe I will do two samples, and wash one vigorously, and one washed gentlyto test the permanence of the color. 

If I give these mug rugs as gifts, I don't want them spoiled with a first laundering.

How do I know to take that into consideration?

Think black silk boxer shorts.   

I may activate the Inktense with a liquid fabric medium, though it does add some stiffness to the fabric. I wonder: if I mixed it with water would it still work? Would it bleed?

Would gel outside the line of the painting help to control a hard line of color? 

With every answer, there are more questions.

No comments: