Thursday, December 26, 2019

Fire Blossom

This is a quilt I designed in EQ 8 (a new toy). I use Microsoft Excel to plan patterns for folks who don't have EQ 8. My spreadsheet in Excel gets a screen print for sharing. I like the visual "recipe" for the quilt: no shipping, no downloads. The size of the pattern can be changed with borders, or by changing the size of the finished square. Remember that a 3" square is cut 3.5" for a quarter inch seam allowance. How much fabric to buy? Sorry - do the math. Here's how: Divide the width of the fabric by 3.5" to find how many blocks you get out of each strip. Half square triangles require more fabric than a simple square. If paper piecing the HSTs, I print squares on art pad tracing papers that are cut down to 8.5 x 11, and print them on my home printer.






No comments: