Friday, December 27, 2019

Colonial Comfort

Colonial Comfort

























While learning to weave on a floor loom, I was introduced to
Colonial Overshot weaving and loved the geometric simplicity
and the use of only two colors: white linen, and navy blue wool.

It had long been a goal to design a quilt that expressed those
qualities, but was something that lay in the back of my mind.

Putting my blocks "On Point" was the final piece to the puzzle
when I drew my quilt with graph paper and pencil. The design
has more to be done to finesse it - but this is a start. There is no
pattern published as yet - perhaps in the future - meanwhile
if you wish you may take the idea and run with it, provided
that I am given credit for the original drawing, and you do
not sell any reproduction, or publication for profit of my design.

No comments: