Saturday, March 24, 2007

Rainy Saturday


The sky is grey and the rain has been coming down steadily - Love standing on the covered porch and listening to the 'white noise' of the water falling into the storm sewer. Reminds me of the noise of rain on the tin roof of the boat house, sitting on the Rebel Lady watching the storm.

Something tells me it's significant that everything that happens reminds me of some distant memory. Is that what 'old age' is? If so, it's not a bad feeling. Just interesting, thinking of the memories that haven't happened yet.


Wish I'd scanned in a picture of the Lady before my scanner died. But have one of sitting "on the dock of the bay" - or the river, to be more precise. the bridge in the background replaced the old swing bridge on Dauphin Island Parkway, or DIP as locals call it. The little gal with the pony tail is grand daughter Kelsie.
Lots of rainy days at the Grand Mariner - lots of good days, as well.

2 comments:

Wezlart said...

Wow, Kelsie's so young there!

Digitalgran said...

I agree with you, this down memory lane is quite a nice feeling isn't it? Something always reminds me of something else these days.
Thanks for calling by my blog and commenting. I do enjoy getting to know people who read my blog.