Wednesday, May 11, 2022

On documenting work . . .

 I use a cheap cell phone to take photos of my work. 

To get a good still photo, I have a tripod with a remote "clicker."

I cut a triangle that is 11" on each side from thin plywood (from the hobby shop) and drilled holes in each corner that allow the legs of the tripod to go through.

I put rubber around the inside of the holes to help keep it from slipping, but the spread of the legs is usually good enough.

I lay my cell phone on the plywood triangle, and use the 'remote' to take the picture. My phone has a 'portrait' setting, allowing for close-ups.



The subject of the photo is placed on the floor, or table on a piece of white or colored paper.

This works so well, that I have shared it with gardening and artist friends for years..

No comments: