Wednesday, November 2, 2022

When vision fails . . .

If we are lucky, we are blind from birth and can learn to see in other ways, from birth.

If we are lucky, we lose our vision gradually and can find ways to compensate.

If we are lucky, we lose our vision suddenly but have had a lifetime of seeing.

Either way, we are fortunate and will find a solution.

Here I will share mine, for knitting patterns . . .

I happen to love artificial intelligence. It helps me every day to find solutions to my problems.

For my waning vision, even after cataract surgery, I bought a good scanner.

  1.  Print my downloaded knitting pattern.
  2.  Scan it at 300 D.P.I. - dots per inch.
  3.  Open the 'picture' taken by the scanner in a photo manager with editing capabilities. I  use Microsoft Paint for simple tasks.
  4.  Resize the image to what you wish, making it smaller. For most knitting patterns, this gives me about 20 rows of knitting per portrait-layout page. In 'Paint' all I have to do is print in a portrait (or landscape) layout. I like approximately 3 rows to the inch.
  5. Now my pattern is large enough to color the squares, if desired, and can be seen easily from a distance when placed on my magnetic board.




















Note:  Chart is for Milka Hat - found in Ravelry.Com
Used by Permission from the designer.

No comments: