Saturday, April 21, 2007

The boat



The finished boat is the "Snipe" my cousin Ted Ryder built for a friend of his. The other detail photos are the 28' motor yacht he is currently working on. I love the name "Snipe" - makes me think of the Snipe Hunting trips of our youth. Not that I ever went "snipe hunting." So in spite of packing, and sore muscles - it was a fun time on the internet, during rest periods. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful, and talented family members.

We all grew up together, went to the same 3 room school for 8 years - but as adults scatttered throughout the U.S.

More of that for another day.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Lainy, thank you for your comment on my blog, couldn't find an e-mail link, so thought I would thank you here, good luck with your moves

Stina said...

Charles told me snipes are a type of bird (dispite the myth) they look like doves but have a longer and more skinny beak