Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lots going on!

The stencil arrived from Diane Ericson - a dragonfly is my choice for embellishing a simple summer jacket. I have signed on with Val Webb for a six week course in Botanical Illustration, and have done some studies on my own. I am sewing clothes for work. The past 3 years I have worn either a uniform of khaki pants, blue shirt and navy blazer - or jeans and tops. At last I can wear real clothes. Lately, I have made the jacket, a very chic dress in the style of the 1940's, a 2 piece summer dress, black knit skirt, and a black cowl neck blouse. I have cut out a red challis blouse - simple lines, and a batik vest, mostly black with blues and purples and pinks, and am putting a blue random dyed (not exactly tie dye) collar on it. I made a pattern for a drapy, full skirt that wraps, and bought some great printed crepe done in greens, turquoise and blues. Have almost finished some alterations for a friend. Tomorrow, I will fit her for the hem of her formal gown, to be certain of the pinning. Also, I have a commission to make a bed skirt and pillows for another friend, but she hasn't bought the bed yet, so measurements must wait. Meanwhile, I had a job interview yesterday, and have another on Monday. Must make up the vest tomorrow, or tonight. On Saturday, I am meeting the children of "the perfect man." Must look good.

No comments: