Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Blooms and Baskets, Gems of Summer





Today, I received my book from Amazon Used Books. I first saw this book when I checked it out of a quilt guild library, in 2003. It was published by the American Quilter's Society in 1998. Inside the back cover are fold-out patterns for the quilt center medallion and corner treatment. Anna Kephart of Prairie Village, Kansas received an Honorable Mention for her medallion setting in 1997. It was Anna's quilt that captivated me.

I copied the medallion and corner patterns, put them in my pattern file and forgot about them. In March, 2017, while looking for something else, I found them. However, my drawings included only one basket pattern. Which takes us to now. Senuta uses the freezer paper foundation on the right side of the fabric, and offers many helpful special techniques.

In 2007, I had to give away a load of my book collection - it literally filled the back of an SUV. Among the books I gave to the Aurora Library in Colorado was one of the Great American Quilt Series books containing a wall quilt - with the word "Sedona" in the title. I am not sure which book it was in but have ordered the book for 1988, in the hope that my pattern will be in it. I will have to check back here tomorrow after the mail delivery to share the answer. I have the quilt (Sedona Through the Trees?) nearly complete. I want to see the pattern again to know how to finish it. I also have many parallelograms cut and stitched, but doubt there are the number needed for a border. It's possible I can use them for a modification of the border.

1 comment:

Jane in Cumbria said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! You are on no-reply, but I found your blog so I'll reply here. The book you have bought looks lovely!