Saturday, May 6, 2017

Martelli Tools and Techniques for Sewing, Quilting, Arts and Crafts

Using the Martelli Rotary Cutter

Here I am trying out my new Martelli Rotary Cutter

***Click on the Red Text to be directed to a YouTube video***

The Martelli cutter is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort. It has a spring loaded guard, and will cut up to 30 layers of fabric at one time.  The 24" No-Slip Strip Ruler guarantees perfectly cut strips every time. I also picked up a "No-Slip" mat for my sewing machine pedal, and unlike some, THIS ONE WORKS!

I got this beauty at the Azalea Quilter's Guild quilt show in Mobile, Alabama - with great "show special" pricing. Martelli goes to trade and quilt shows all over the country - check out their website to see when they are demonstrating at a show near you. 

Update: 12/31/2019 - I found I NEVER use the 24" No-Slip Strip Ruler. I think that is because I can't see through it! But I am addicted to the Quilter's Select rulers which are truly non-slip. I used mine frequently to draw patterns with a Sharpie - leaving a black line on the edge. One day, I decided to clean my ruler with alcohol. Yes, it removed the black line, but also removed the non- slip coating on the ruler. It wasn't a disaster - there is enough coating left to keep the ruler effective.

No comments: