Tuesday, April 25, 2017

How Many Fishes in The Sea, by Patty Harants

My polka dot fabric came is strips, and was a challenge to turn into a starfish. The blue center had the edges turned, and was appliqued to the starfish with an open chain stitch and embroidery thread in the same color as the dots.
Joined the sections
I love this one!
Patty's pattern is still available!
It's that time of year again on the Gulf Coast, with thoughts turned to the Regatta, the beaches, and our abundant sea life on the Gulf Coast. If anyone knows Patty Harants, please advise her to get in touch with me. I have this pattern, but have friends who want it, and can't find it.

 This is the back side of one of the fishes. I have turned the edges using freezer paper/starch, and with Elmer's School Glue (Purple Disappearing) glued all the pieces to a piece of very fine all cotton voile. This makes the motif a "stand alone" for hand stitching to the background. I call it "FOUNDATION APPLIQUE." I have not seen this used by other teachers but it makes it very easy for me to  manage a motif that has many small parts.

No comments: